News. Insights. Analysis. Inspiration.
"Seize the day: Taking advantage of low interest rates now"
From John Hancock
* Interest rates are at historical lows, including the Applicable Federal Rates (AFR) used in many estate- and business-planning techniques. For May 2020, the AFR are as follows: Except for the short-term AFR, these rates are the lowest they have ever been. And while we might expect them to remain low, at least for the time being, now is the time to consider the benefits that these low rates can offer clients looking to purchase life insurance as part of certain estate- or business-planning solutions.
"Decentralization Can Be Your Friend"
* Social distancing requires us to find entirely new ways of doing business, and blockchain-based services are positioned for success. Blockchain research and development is a priority for more than half of the organizations questioned in a major 2019 survey. Industries across the board have discovered its value in practical everyday solutions, and that value is now being underscored by a pandemic.
"PPP loans over $2M will be audited before being forgiven, Trump admin says"
From NJ Biz:
* The Trump administration will begin auditing recipients of small business COVID-19 rescue loans above $2 million before the loans can actually be forgiven, warning that companies that may have cheated the new program could find themselves at the end of a criminal investigation.
"For Better Health, Find a Cure for Government"
* If the COVID-19 pandemic has demonstrated anything, it is that there is no situation so severe that government can't make it worse. Government's recent crimes are legion: standing in the way of testing; complicating efforts to acquire protective equipment; imposing authoritarian and uniform lockdown rules across very different populations; and enforcing those rules in dangerous and ill-considered ways.
* The common problem here is government itself. In a time of health crisis, government has proven to be a crippling underlying condition that weakens society, slows our ability to battle a dangerous disease, and turns us against one another. Fighting COVID-19 is an important short-term goal but eradicating or at least mitigating the plague of government would be an even greater victory for health.
Here's a short video from Steve on how you can purchase insurance in these changing times....Watch Here