Meet Steven H. Kobrin—The Insurance Guy
Founder and President, the Office of Steven H. Kobrin. LUTCF.
- Independent insurance brokerage was formed in 1998.
- Based in New Jersey. Through wholesale affiliations, we can service clients in all 50 states.
- Capability of handling virtually all types of life insurance underwriting risks.
- Pioneer in Prequalification, to assure an approval at the rate quoted.
- The firm provides a level of service worthy of the Fortune 100 corporate community: high-end, personalized, professional, integrity-based.
Founder and Facilitator, the Global Insurance Portal
- This is an innovative insurance distribution outlet that provides access to a vast network of insurance providers facilitated by Steven H Kobrin.
- Business owners, executives, high net worth, and ultra-high net worth men and women, advisory firms, and corporations can obtain virtually all the insurance policies they need from one source—on a global basis.
- Available products include life and health insurance; property and casualty; liability; group benefits; senior products; and offshore, captive, and private placement plans.
- Providers include frontline insurance carriers; specialty underwriting syndicates; reinsurers; national and international distributors; consulting firms special; and elite brokerages.
I am an activist on safety and security in my local community. My training and experience include:
- Active practitioner of martial arts, and self-defense training at the Blue Dragon School of Martial Arts
- Graduate of town Citizens Police Academy.
- Retired member of town Community Emergency Response Team (CERT).
- Founder of a neighborhood Block Watch.
- Instructor of an on-line class “Judaism, Meditation and Self-Mastery” http://resource-room-for-jewish-meditation.com
Family tradition in the insurance business
I am the second generation of my family in the life insurance business. My father, Leon Kobrin, of blessed memory, was a pioneer in the field of finding policies for high-risk candidates. I grew up in his general agency.
I entered the business full-time in 1991. Prior to that, I had extensive experience in business operations management, sales, marketing, and distribution.
Higher education and training
I graduated from Ramapo College of New Jersey in 1980. I earned a BA in Environmental Studies. I received an authentic liberal arts education focusing on resolving social issues through critical thinking, interdisciplinary problem-solving, and innovative studies. I also received extensive training in group leadership and organizational development.
I am also a dedicated student of Ba Gua kung fu, and train at the Blue Dragon School of Martial Arts in Bergenfield, NJ.