News. Insights. Analysis. Inspiration.
"Here’s How to Support Small Businesses During a Crisis"
From Constant Contact:
* When it comes to a time of crisis, how can you continue to support the small businesses and nonprofits in your community? What can you do, as a consumer, to continue to support small businesses during the coronavirus outbreak? Here are some tips:
"Why The COVID-19 Economy Won’t Derail The Value Of Wealth Managers"
* A track record of established growth and recurring revenue streams, coupled with an expanding universe of professional buyers and funding sources, will continue to drive strong deal values in the wealth management industry. Equity markets have also surged since the close of the first quarter, with the S&P 500 up nearly 15% through May 5, and some of the revenue declines from the first quarter could be offset if markets remain relatively stable.
"Coronavirus phishing emails: How to protect against COVID-19 scams"
* The coronavirus — or COVID-19, the name of the respiratory disease it causes — has affected the lives of millions of people around the world. It’s impossible to predict its long-term impact. But it is possible to take steps to help protect yourself against coronavirus-related scams.
"The last recession gave us the gig economy. COVID-19 could help reimagine it"
From Fast Company:
* On average, Dumpling shoppers make three times the amount that shoppers on other grocery delivery platforms make—about $33 per delivery. Dumpling’s model considers the shoppers the primary customers, which empowers shoppers to do things other platforms don’t allow, such as shop at multiple stores, take on recurring clients, and even shop sales. The Dumpling founders arrived at this model by taking a look at what was broken in the current gig economy and gathering insights directly from the people doing the work. This type of user-focused reflection could benefit gig companies new and old.
"WATCH: CA Sheriff Who Refused To Enforce Stay-At-Home Orders Battles For Opening Businesses: ‘There Cannot Be A New Normal’"
From Daily Wire:
* From the beginning I told you that I would not be enforcing this stay-at-home order, partly because I trusted our residents’ ability to do the right thing without the fear of being arrested. I knew that they could be trusted to act as responsible adults, and I was correct. As we continue, I will reinforce my position. Not only, do we not have the resources to enforce unreasonable orders, I refuse to make criminals out of business owners, single moms, and otherwise healthy individuals for exercising their constitutional rights. I believe Riverside County residents are responsible enough to proceed cautiously. The original projections and fears that caused these orders to be put into place have been proven wrong. As leaders, we must adjust our decisions to better serve the county as a whole.
Here's a short video from Steve on how you can purchase insurance in these changing times....Watch Here