News. Insights. Analysis. Inspiration.
"Stimulus Checks Should Go Out This Week Or Next, Says Kudlow"
From Wealth Advisor:
* According to The Washington Post, which has reviewed a timetable from the IRS, stimulus checks first will be sent to taxpayers with the lowest income:
"The Market, Not Government, Is Best Equipped to Defeat Coronavirus"
* There is not a single person, or group of people, who are capable of deciding how best to allocate resources. It is too complex. Andrew Cuomo can’t do it. Gretchen Whitmer can't do it. Only the market is equipped to allocate scarce resources and to produce more of those resources to make them less scarce.
* To that end, it is now time to let the market get this drug into the hands of doctors and patients. Dr. Fauci needs to step aside, take his clinical trial bias with him, and let doctors prescribe away. Doctors need Congress to step up and give them protection against potential lawsuits that a crafty attorney might want to file after this is over if a particular patient’s treatment doesn’t go well.
"A Brief History of S&P 500 Bear-Market Rallies and What Follows"
From Advisor Perspectives:
* At the heart of the debate is a phenomenon known as a bear-market rally -- a period during a protracted downward trend in which equities stage a short-term revival.
"One of the Nation's Largest Economies Is Likely to Reopen Soon"
* “We will focus on protecting lives while restoring livelihoods. We can and we must do this,” Abbott said. “We will operate strategically. If we do it too fast without appropriate strategies, it will lead to another potential closure.”