News. Insights. Analysis. Inspiration.
“$30 Billion in Provider Relief Delivered Under the CARES Act (for providers)”
From JD Supra:
* Under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, $100 billion in funds has been allocated to reimburse health care providers for experiences incurred treating COVID-19 patients. On April 10, 2020, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announced the immediate payment of $30 billion of relief funds to eligible providers throughout the American health care system. These payments made to health care providers do not require repayment. See the facts below regarding the disbursed funds.
"Federal COVID-19 Testing Mandate Excepts Short-Term Health Insurance: Officials"
From Think Advisor:
* The new federal COVID-19 testing benefits mandate does apply to major medical insurance policies, including employers’ self-insured health plans, and “grandfathered” health insurance policies.
"Lesson learned on China: Bring our companies back home"
From Washington Examiner:
* That’s why I’ve sent a letter to congressional leadership urging them to include incentives for companies to move back from China in any upcoming legislation Congress may consider to fight COVID-19. If there’s one thing the public has learned in all of this, it’s become crystal clear that we cannot depend on China for honest information or to export medical supplies in times of emergency. Congress should temporarily allow companies that move back from China to expense 100% of the moving costs to the federal government. And, although I'm personally no fan of tariffs, I believe that we should use the existing tariffs President Trump levied on China, as long as they remain, to finance the repatriation of these companies.
* Rep. Mark Green is an emergency room physician and combat veteran who served in Afghanistan and Iraq. He represents Tennessee's 7th Congressional District.
"The data is in — stop the panic and end the total isolation"
From The Hill:
* The tragedy of the COVID-19 pandemic appears to be entering the containment phase. Tens of thousands of Americans have died, and Americans are now desperate for sensible policymakers who have the courage to ignore the panic and rely on facts. Leaders must examine accumulated data to see what has actually happened, rather than keep emphasizing hypothetical projections; combine that empirical evidence with fundamental principles of biology established for decades; and then thoughtfully restore the country to function.
* Five key facts are being ignored by those calling for continuing the near-total lockdown.
Here's a short video from Steve on how you can purchase insurance in these changing times....Watch Here