News. Insights. Analysis. Inspiration.
Today's Key Question:
The Latest CDC report shows the expected mortality from COVID-19 to be many times lower than initially projected. Does that change your feelings about the necessity of the lockdown? See the article below from Western Journal.
"Retail’s slow steps towards a new normal"
From Vogue Business:
* Retailers in many countries are back in business as lockdowns ease, but they are operating under tight hygiene and distancing controls.
"Prepare your business for the future by eliminating small assumptions"
* This time has shone a light on the little things we all assume or ignore because we’re too busy to address them, and now is the time to investigate and get to the truth. How? Involve people.
"No One Wants to Fire Employees. Here Are Some Alternatives to Layoffs."
* If you're looking for alternatives to layoffs, use these cost-cutting strategies and best business practices to navigate today's difficult business landscape:
"Earning more on unemployment? Here are 4 things you should do."
From USA Today:
* The CARES Act added an extra $600 in weekly unemployment benefits to all recipients' checks during the COVID-19 pandemic to help them get by until they could return to work. This means some people are actually earning more while they're claiming unemployment than they could working their normal jobs. Everyone is rethinking how they manage their money these days, and if you have a little more money than you're used to right now, you'll have to decide how to best use those funds. Here are a few suggestions worth considering.
"CDC's Latest 'Best Estimate' of COVID Death Rate Is 13 Times Lower Than Initial WHO Claim"
From Western Journal:
* If there’s a disease that spreads rapidly and has a death rate of 2 or 3 percent, yes, locking down the populace is a reasonable reaction.
If we’re talking about something closer to 0.26 percent, putting the world into a new Great Depression seems a bit of an overreaction.
Here's a short video from Steve on how you can purchase insurance in these changing times....Watch Here